Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Costly Living

Goods are expensive nowadays. Some small traders at the night market are not honest when selling perishable goods.I happen to buy 2 packets of nasi lemak @RM 1.20. The packet was loose,looked bigger but the contents less. On that same day I bought 1 packet of sweet corn at RM 3.00. But the trader willling to part 2 packets with RM 5.00. What make me irr was the prepacked sweet corn is exposed one side revealing the good part of the sweet corn and the other partion was not exposed. When I asked the trader to look into the whole piece of sweet corn the answer was tak boleh. I was certain the trader was trying to hide the bad portion of the sweet corn to me. Why this kind of tradersare still at large given licence to sell goods to the public.

I politely told him that he is lucky with me. If at all some picky house wifes were to shop there not the sweet corn but anything they pick will be quized,pinched,skin peeled ,tested whatever way they want to, before they buy worth their spending.

It is unethical to cheat or bluff the customers.At the end of the day the guilty consious ness on the part of the trader or traders will be accumalated over the years and one day realising or otherwise something bad befall upon them which would be very costly.

When will this kind of traders ever learn to be honest. Honesty in business is always rewarding over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment